Radio GA GA

Being a vegetarian can often prove difficult when you live in a small town like I do. I will often find myself reluctant to eat out as most of the options are samey and unimaginative; processed meatless sausages or cheese pizzas and unlike most vegetarians the reason I don't eat meat is simple, I just don't like the taste or texture. Of course I am conscience about what I eat and would always buy 'happy' meat previously, but would often just cook meatless dishes.

Radio is a small family run cafe in the local town of Oswestry, with homemade treats and tasty tapas. The quirky interior and friendly staff give it a warm and welcoming atmosphere, so after a few too many glasses of wine the previous night we ventured out for a well earned Saturday brunch. It was market day, the sun was shining and the streets were lined with delicate cake stalls and haberdashery. The relaxed atmosphere was inviting and the quality selection of meals on the menu meant we were spoilt for choice. The vegetarian options were varied and there were lots to choose from, instead of having to order the only suitable thing on the menu. 


Gem and I ordered a pot of Earl Grey while we decided what to have. I finally decided on the homemade vegetable burger with sautéed, halved new potatoes and onion salad and Gem chose the vegetarian breakfast which may I add didn't have a meat substitute sausage in sight.


I munched every last morsel and didn't regret one mouthful. 
The homemade burger was made up of beans and vegetables and was packed with flavour, the sautéed new potatoes were delicious; all that was accompanied by a mouth watering tomato and onion salad with a balsamic dressing.

The young friendly staff were helpful and relaxed and the mix of customers gave it a unity. From small children to dogs, giving this small place a great quality of community, with our bellies full and a few extra pennies saved we worked off those carbs with a healthy dose of thrifting, I can't wait to venture out one evening to try their tapas.


10/10


Open on Friday & Saturday evenings for tapas so if you're in the local area it is a must and you can even take your own bottle of wine.



Laurie Rose