Autumn | Pumpkin Picking

Yesterday we headed out on an adventure. We went out in search of Pumpkins and boy did we find some. I've never been a huge fan of Halloween but this year it feels different and I'm excited to dress up and celebrate with Hedd. Autumn is my favourite season, the changing colours and the dark nights have always been a comfort to me and I've never enjoyed summer very much anyway. Wrapping up in wooly scarves and pulling on my favourite pair of Minnetonka boots are my favourite things to do this season, everything is fine just as long as it doesn't rain - there's nothing worse than a soggy moccasin. 

Hedd turned seven months old last week - I honestly don't know where the time has gone - and he has changed so much just recently. It's like someone has flicked a switch and my (never has been) tiny baby is a toddler. He's exploring the world on all fours and stringing together sentences, albeit gibberish, but as a mother you learn to understand each high pitched squeak.

I wanted to celebrate this milestone instead of longing for my baby back. And what better way than ambling through a maize maze in search of pumpkins. There is nothing cuter than a baby in a barrow either.

If you live locally, you can pick your own pumpkin in Malpas from next Saturday throughout the half term. It's so much fun and seeing the kids out wheeling their mini barrows was so refreshing. I find kids enjoy being hands on and my 14 year old brother had a whale of a time.

Are you planning to go pumpkin picking this weekend? 

Laurie Rose