Something for the Weekend | Easy Roasted Vegetable Lasange


After the glorious weather last week the rain has hit us hard and today I even turned the heating on. I wanted something warm, something comforting for dinner so I decided to rustle up a hearty vegetable lasagne - just the ticket I needed to cheer me up and fill up my belly. It's so simple and I didn't really work from any sort of recipe, I just threw it together and it worked so I thought I would share it with you guys. It's great eaten straight out of the oven but it's even better the next day heated up. I even freeze some individual portions for those days I don't feel like cooking. 


Serves 2

1 Large Organic Aubergine
1 Large Organic Courgette 
2 Organic Red Peppers
3 Cloves of Crushed Garlic
400g Tinned Tomatoes
Tbsp Tomato Puree
6 Brown Lasagne Sheets

White Sauce
40g organic butter (unsalted)
40g organic plain flour
570ml organic full-fat milk

Grated hard cheese


Roughly chop the vegetables and place in a roasting tray. Sprinkle over the crushed garlic, olive oil and seasoning and toss with your hands. Pop in the oven for 15 mins and shake once wait until the vegetables are slightly charred at the edges then remove. 

Pour over the tinned tomatoes and add the tomato puree then stir.

Spoon half the mixture into a oven proof dish and layer with a few lasagne sheets and a touch of white sauce (I like it to be really cheesy) repeat once more then cover the top with the rest of the white sauce and sprinkle over some grated hard cheese.

Pop back in the oven until the top is bubbling and golden.

It's that easy! 

Laurie Rose