want, need, wear, read | My Autumnal Must Haves

This month has been an odd one. They say moving house, having a baby and starting a business are the three most stressful things you do in your lifetime. Well this month I have been doing all three. I still haven't officially moved into my new house, I'm sure I'm cursed. But this week is the week I finally get to sleep in my lovely new king size bed, get to watch whatever I like on the TV a slob out and leave the dishes over night if I really can't be bothered.

The clocks went back on Sunday so we can now officially say it's autumn and I couldn't be happier. It's time for hearty stews, roll necks and crunching the leaves on long country walks.

I have been eyeing up this dress for months and I'm almost certain I have to purchase it this week. I've been led to believe that roll neck are very IN this season as I've seen a lot of my fellow #fbloggers jumping on the band wagon. So I thought this bottle green swing dress by Isabella Oliver would look great with my hair tucked in and a slick of berry coloured lippy.

It's also that time of year when every woman convinces themselves that they NEED a new pair of boots and even though I have a pile of perfectly acceptable ones at the bottom of the wardrobe I just had to feature this pair by Green Shoes. As you may have gathered from the name the company produce ethical footwear from sustainable materials and each item is handmade. The Bryony Boot is a great winter staple and is casual but would look great with tucked in skinny jeans or teamed with a dress.

My ultimate wardrobe staple for all seasons has to be a scarf, I must admit I have more than a slight obsession. I love the yellowy Autumnal tones in this one from H&M and even though I have more scarves than I care to disclose I couldn't resist this, which I ordered last night in one of my midnight must have splurges.

The plan to read a book a week before Baby Belle is born is looking a little unachievable if I'm honest but I'm hoping once I'm in the new house and I have more time alone I will be able to settle into a few new releases before the spring blossoms. I've seen this book pop up on a few blogs and I've seen it Instagrammed by a few people having said that I haven't got a clue what it's about; I don't even know who Lena Dunham is...shock horror. But after a rough few months and now firmly in my 20's I love anything that concerns women and how they've managed so far. I have ordered myself a copy ready to read on my first night in my new bed.

Laurie Rose