Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask | Review

Over the last few months I have really been focusing on my skincare routine. Previously I had been very lazy when it came to taking my make up off at night, opting for the easy option of a quick face wipe and a heavy night cream. Then one day I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how dehydrated my skin was, and the dark circles under my eyes were getting a hell of a lot bigger by the day.

I needed to do something, and quick.

At the time I was in the early stages of pregnancy and suffering from the most horrendous morning sickness. The last thing I wanted to do was spend hours before bed cleansing, toning and moisturising my skin. I needed an intense treatment, something that was going to calm my blemishes and liven up my dull complexion.

I had heard via friends the benefits of manuka honey when used in skincare so I decided to try the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask. I had also seen a lot of hype via the blogasphere. I'm aware I'm late to the party but the only word to describe this mask is - PERFECT.

I'd been suffering from some pretty nasty pimples during my first trimester which I believe had something to do with the change in my hormone levels. I had heard that some honey can stimulate the production of special cells that can repair tissue damaged by infection. I have noticed a huge improvement in the redness around the area of my blemishes. I sometimes even apply a small amount to my blemishes which as a natural anti-inflammatory brings down the pimple almost over night. Manuka honey also is noted as having natural antibacterial qualities.

I try to use this mask at least twice a week and so far so good. My blemishes have been reduced remarkably over the last few months I've been using this. I was concerned at first that it would dry out my skin too much as most mask have a tendency to do that on my skin but afterwards my skin in well hydrated and supple.

Do you have a favourite quick fix mask?

Laurie Rose