want, need, wear, read | Second Trimester Must Haves




After weeks of feeling great, I have been struck down with the dreaded morning sickness again - and it's back with a vengeance.

The last few days I've been struggling to eat anything and I'm generally feeling rubbish. Yesterday I even fainted in M&S - I was so embarrassed. I'm not sure if this is normal to feel light headed and sick at this stage and apart from a slight discomfort in my tummy (which I'm putting down to my round ligaments stretching) I don't have any other worrying symptoms. I have an appointment with the midwife on Tuesday so I'm sure she will reassure me that everything's okay.

I absolutely love putting together these posts because I'm forever making wish lists and longing for all those wonderfully expensive things I can't have.

This month I wanted to feature a few items which will help me through my second trimester - I mean I have a list as long as my arm but here are my essentials.

Over the last three weeks I have noticed my body changing so much and that little pot belly is now growing very hard and rounded, so I'm stocking up on maternity clothes that will last and will accommodate my expanding waistline. I have been eyeing up this beautiful navy wrap dress from Isabella Oliver for months now. The 3/4 length sleeves are great if you're conscience about your arms like me and the length is so flattering. I love the plunging neck line - great for busty ladies - and it's perfect for breast feeding after the little bundle is born.

Talking of boobies I need to open up about mine. I've already gone up a cup size and I'm really worried they can't get any bigger. They have become so heavy and itchy and my nipples are so dry and cracked already. I'm currently using the joint easy gel by Inlight and I reviewed it in a recent post - you can read that one here - and I love it, so I'm really interested to see if their nipple balm works too. What I love about Inlight skincare is all they're products are 100% organic and free from synthetic chemicals so it's safe to use even if you're breastfeeding.

Since my headaches have settled and my sickness has eased (somewhat) I am back to my favourite past time of reading a bloody good book - although I must admit I have been really getting into some great podcasts. Ian McEwan has been one of my favourite authors ever since I studied him at A Level back in 2005. Some of McEwan's books have been made into films like Atonement and Enduring Love but I would always recommend reading the book first because I love to get lost and use my own imagination. I am already half way through this one, having picked it up on the day of release at my local Waterstones. They're currently offering a £6 off discount on this particular one so head over and grab a hardback bargain.

After a long day of feeling rotten and struggling with sickness the last thing I want is a poor nights sleep. I have been looking at investing in a full body pillow but I'm really fussy when it comes to comfort, and instead of ordering one online and it not being comfy, I am going to pop into my local Mothercare and Mama's & Papa's to try a few out. In the mean time I have had my eye on this little triangle bump pillow by Boppy. You can use it to support your back or your bump and hopefully it will help with the pulling sensation I've been getting just recently.

What are your must haves this month?

Laurie Rose