want, need, wear, read | #4






Todays post is coming to you from Fire in the Mountain Festival, granted I scheduled it to go out because who wants to be stuck writing blog posts when you can be having lots a fun in a muddy field with 20,000 smelly randoms.

I love festival season, it's my favourite time of the year and it's come around so quickly this year. We decided to splash out on an amazing bell tent, since we stayed in one last year and formed a little love affair with it.

Once you've got the basics sorted i.e tent, booze and wet wipes it's time to spruce yourself up and go a little OTT with the type of attire you choose. Anything goes at a festival. So I'm quite happy to get out my pasty white legs out and bare my bingo wings.

My love affair with Minnetonka started back in the noughties when I got my first pair as a Christmas present. Since then I have invested in more pairs than I dare to admit, they're so comfortable and so versatile. They can be worn all year round and the styles are endless. I've had my eye on these ones FOREVER and missed out on a brand new pair on eBay a few weeks ago. To say I was devastated would be an understatement.

Topshop have some lovely bohemian style dresses at the minute and with the release of Kate Moss's new range, festival fashion is now widely available on the high street. Unfortunately nearly all her items sold out before I had even got a chance to buy anything so I thought I would feature this beautiful white smock number with blue trim. It would look great if you had a healthy summer glow and it's light and airy if the sun decides to wear his hat.

Talking of hats they're essential for any festival, there is only so long you can go without washing your hair before you resemble a greasy teenage boy. I love black felt fedoras, they go with almost any outfit and will shield your face from the sun and keep the rain away. This one I found on ASOS and it has such a pretty little elephant chain which I love.

Not that you get any time at all to sit back and relax at a festival but I always like to take something to read, just incase you get a mid afternoon lull and you head back to the tent to charge your batteries ready for a wild night ahead. Oh Comely has been my favourite magazine since I discovered it a few years back, I have a full review which you can read here.

Are you heading to any festivals this year? What are your staple wears?
Laurie Rose