Saturday Bakes



I was working last night and had nothing sweet in the house to take into work with me, by 4am I'm either nodding off or my blood sugar seems to drop and I need a sugar fix to keep me going until 7am.

So today I rummage through my cupboards and found the perfect combination of ingredients, Lyle's Golden Syrup, Soya Butter & Rolled Oats. I was making Flapjacks. I rememeber when I was about ten, I went through a faze of making them almost everyday, they're easy, quick and super yummmy!




Add the Syrup and butter to a pan and heat until melted. In a large mixing bowl throw in the oats and a pinch of salt. Pour the hot mixture over the oat and combine until completely covered. 
Butter up a dish and spread evenly, place in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown.




Then it is imperative you enjoy you warm Jacks with a pot of Earl Grey.

How do you enjoy your Saturday afternoons?
Off to work now!

Laurie Rose xx