I Heart UNE.

UNE Natural Beauty.
A story of a girl out of her comfort zone.

I have been waiting less than patiently over the weekend to receive my new UNE Skin-Matt Foundation. After coming across this brand I was totally in love with the reviews and comments. This products claims to evens out the complexion with subtle matte results. Its light, melting texture is applied as easily as a cream and blends into the skin for a flawless finish. It is certified organic and its moisturising skincare formula, enriched with sweet almond oil, maintains skin suppleness. I was excited. 

Recently, whether it has been the cold weather, the fact I have been feeling poorly or just my hormones, I have been suffering with slight brake outs which I have never had before, so I had been opting for heavy duty full coverage make up, which I know hasn't been helping. 
I have been using Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub for the last week and I am so in love with the results. I have quite an uneven skin tone, the dark circles under my eyes are my biggest insecurity about my face. Some Facial scrubs really scare me and afterwards you can feel like you have just used sand paper; having sensitive skin it's not a nice feeling.

In the past I have always used The Body Shop facial scrub from the seaweed range, but since falling for the Burt's Bees Lip Balm, I want every single one of their products. I have tried two of their facial products one of course being the one I am using at the minute and an other which is the Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub, this one didn't really do what it promised, and I know many people agree with me. For someone with dry skin like me it wasn't as bad, but for someone with combination to oily skin this would never work. It left a film of oily residue on my face which wasn't pleasant. Although I loved the wonderful aroma this one isn't one I recommend. 
The texture of the Citrus Facial Scrub can only be described as Christmas fruit cake, it not harsh and the smell is to die for. So after using this product my skin is definitely ready for my brand new lightweight make up. 

10ml Sample I purchased, M06.

So this morning I was excited when I received my delivery. I didn't want to pay the full price of around £12 for 30ml, I have so many different brands in my make up box from Rimmel to Dior, I am an impulse buyer and I always regret it. Some shades just don't apply well on my skin or don't give a long enough lasting finish. Recently I have been using Maybelline Satin Liquid in Nude 040, which I find is reasonable but can clog my pores, I wanted something lightweight that would let my skin breathe. 
After showering I prepared my face by using the Facial Scrub, after letting my face breathe I applied my primer. Right now I'm using The Body Shop Skin Primer Moisturise It, as you know it is best for dry skin like mine, they also do a Matte It which is better for combination to oily skin. This does what it says and keeps your look matted throughout the day. I applied the Skin-Matt Foundation with a Body Shop Foundation brush, I then smooth over with a triangle sponge. The application was smooth and light, the sweet floral fragrance is refreshing. After a few minutes it had absorbed into my skin perfectly. At first I thought the colour was going to be too dark, but it adapted well to my skin tone, no blotching or clogging. It really does feel like a second skin, my skin has been so smooth and soft all day. Usually I find myself having to touch up through-out the day, but this has lasted so well, I'm really pleased. Now I have talked about my skin being dry, for some reason I still prefer a matte foundation I always have and I always will. I find anything else doesn't like to sit on my skin very well, it is too oily and doesn't last long enough.
The value for money is phenomenal especially being an organic product. I will most definitely be purchasing the full size bottle. I know in the UK you can purchase this brand from Superdrug and Boots but you cannot guarantee they stock all the colours. You can also purchase online at their website, perfect for me as I don't even have to leave the house.
All in all I really like this product, I'm hoping to purchase more of UNE products to trail out and review here for you, keep your eye peeled.


Finished Look.

To the UNE Skin-Matt Foundation M06 I added,
The Body Shop Loose Powder.
I swear by Rimmel liquid eye liner and I doubt I will ever be swayed.
I received a beautiful Dior set for my 21st birthday 2 years ago and I have been using the Dior Backstage Mascara ever since, great XXL brush, I LOVE IT!
On my lips I am wearing a cheap buy from Collection 2000 in Bubblegum and of course some Burt's Bee Lip Balm.

Email me at laurierosebelle@hotmail.co.uk
or mybluerinse@hotmail.co.uk

Laurie Rose x