Sale Picks | Winter 2014





1 2 3 4 5

January is a bad month for everyone, unless you're a student of course. It usually takes us a good week to recover from a new years hangover and once we are feeling almost human, you're bank balance is glowing - and what better way to prepare for a new semester than treating yourself to some winter bargains. I'm not making new years resolutions this year, I am devising a list, the commandments of happiness. It's a working process and I will be updating you guys very soon.

One that I have already firmly decided on is 'Be Bold' I want to stand out from the crowd and be seen this year. I want to embrace my style and I want people to look and me and think 'look at her, look at her confidence, go girl!'.

I don't own anything that sparkles and I will of course never be presented with a rock to grace my ring finger so I need to dazzle people in other ways. This skirt from Topshop is to die for. It's the perfect length, as I don't like anything too short, and it will flatter any figure.

In the next few weeks I am excited to announce I will be moving in with my best friend Gemma. I won't be moving too far away, but it's a fresh start away. New room, more space, new start. We have already begun planning adventures and I'm really excited. I want a whole room transformation and having cried myself to sleep on a daily basis lately, I have ruined my pillowcases with liquid eyeliner so I've ordered these black floral patterned cushion covers from H&M. I'm not sure how you guys feel about the H&M website but I'm not very happy with them right now. You can't use gift cards online and you could be waiting weeks or even months for your order to arrive. But I can't deny these cushion are perfect and only set me back £4 each.

I've never been one to wear heels, I have of course admired them from after like some sort of weird stalker, but for some reason we've just never got on. So this year I am making a conscience effort to explore the unknown territory that is the platform. I have fallen head over heels (no pun intended) for these coral coloured beauties from Office. But unless anyone out there is a size three they have all sold out. If you guys know of any dupes do let me know.

I had an Accessorize voucher for Christmas and with me not having a store in my local town I took to the website in search for something quirky and unique. I love ANYTHING turquoise, and this beauty is on it's way to me.

And finally there is only one item that instantly makes me feel glamorous and that is a spot of red lippy. I have a few shade of the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick and I really love their formula, they glide on effortlessly and are really hydrating and if you head over to Fragrance Direct you can get over ten shade for less that £2, saving you £6.

Laurie Rose