are you trending?


For a long time I have been looking at the current trends, crop tops, bralet and ridiculous slogans. Showing off your midriff is certainly the new black on the high street. But what about us plus size girl, what are we meant to do? So I took to the charity shop in search for a flattering alternative, month of searching finally paid off. I pick this crop top up at my local salvation army for 99p it's a size 10 but fits perfectly. It's light and airy perfect for the humid storm filled skies over the last few days and I'm hoping it doesn't look too dreadful on me.

I picked up this skirt in the sale from Vintage Style Me and although it's a little bit big I am head over heels with the pleats and nautical theme, and it's about time I ventured away from the dresses now and again, spice things up a little bit.

 
Now I'm all about recycling, I am an avid thrifter and love a good up-cycle. So if I was to tell you this beautiful bracelet was once used as a weapon of destruction you'd probably tell me to bugger off. But it's true, this bangle is made by Clem and Chantha using recycled bomb casings collected from the war in Cambodia over 40 years ago. In their mini home workshop, the pair work with disabled and impoverished artisans affected by war, poverty and HIV/AIDS. These harrowing works of art are only available at Eighteen Rabbit who have been working closely with Craftwork Cambodia, building up a new partnership and creating opportunities for the people that the war has effected. The fact that this Leaf Bangle has a story only makes it that little bit more special.

Cropped T-shirt - Thirfted
Skirt - Vintage Style Me
Scarf - c/o Mille n Mae 
Leaf Bangle - Eighteen Rabbit
Sunglasses - Vintage

P.S Millie n Mae are offering you guys a HUGE 20% off with the code BLUERINSE20