OOTD

1940'S Housewife.

This week I have been busy figuring out way to style my new locks, for over a year I have either had short hair or dreadlocks, so now I have hair again I don't know what to do with it.
I bought a hair bun yesterday cut it in hair and fashioned into the delightfully name hair rat, to attempt to do so faux 1940's bangs, unfortunately I am still attempting to grow my fringe out and it's not quite long enough to do yet, so I improvised and did a simple side roll. I also curled the end using the Babyliss hair wand and then brushed it out. I don't use any hair spray or harmful products to style it, the wand is that good that the curls say in all day, it's a hair miracle.
The dress I'm wearing here is thrifted vintage from a local charity shop in navy blue with a delicate white pattern, it really nips me in at the waist (where I have lost the most weight) and the length sits just above the knee, perfect. I teamed the dress with Primark leggings and these bright turquoise pumps with gold detail also from Primark, the outcome is this great 1940's look.


 
 
Laurie Rose xx